Last Updated on January 11, 2020 7:15 am
Including the cities of West Jefferson, Boone, Tazewell, Marion,
Bland, Pearisburg, Wytheville, Independence, Whitetop, Troutdale,
Volney, Bluefield, Flat Top, Hinton, Hix, Quinwood, Duo,
350 AM EST Sat Jan 11 2020
…WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 4 AM EST
* WHAT…South winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
* WHERE…Portions of southwest Virginia, northwest North
Carolina and southeast West Virginia.
* WHEN…From 7 AM this morning to 4 AM EST Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…A line of showers, with possible
thunderstorms, could bring even strong wind gusts this evening.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.