Vehicle fire inside a home in Boone leads to damage Monday night

Last Updated on January 30, 2024 9:44 am

On January 29th, at 6:48 p.m. Boone Fire was dispatched to the 1000 block of Old Bristol Road for reports of a vehicle on fire inside a structure. The first arriving units reported a fully involved vehicle that was threatening the home and shed on the property. Boone Fire was initially aided by Cove Creek Fire Department, Foscoe Fire Department, Zionville Fire Department, Watauga Medics, Watauga Rescue, Blue Ridge Energy, and Watauga County Emergency Services.

The fire was controlled within 15 minutes of arrival and all auto aid was released. There were two occupants home at the time; one sustained minor injuries. The vehicle was a total loss, and the home and shed also sustained damage. The fire is still under investigation at this time.

Watauga County Fire Marshal's office and Boone Fire would like to remind everyone to have their cars serviced regularly by a professionally trained mechanic. If you spot leaks and your car is not running properly, get it checked by a professional. Never park a car where flammables, such as grass, trash, or other combustibles, are touching the catalytic converter.

Working on your vehicle involves a lot of hazardous, flammable chemicals and gases. You should never have an open, active flame near your vehicle during this time. This includes pilot lights, cigarettes, candles, and anything else you’d set on fire. Taking your vehicle to a professional is the only sure way to avoid mechanical hazards at home.

Back to top button