Last Updated on December 8, 2018 8:05 am
Skyline/Skybest, a local provider of advanced communications technology, is reminding customers of the possible impacts from the upcoming winter storm.
In an email sent to customers on Friday, their statement read:
Dear Valued Customer:
The SkyLine/SkyBest team is closely monitoring the development of the upcoming winter storm and prepared to respond quickly and safely should outages occur. With the expectation of heavy snow and wind in our region, there is a strong possibility of power outages. If your home or business loses power, the modems, routers and/or set-top boxes that deliver your Internet and TV services will not function until electricity is restored. If your power is on and your SkyLine/SkyBest services are not functioning, please call our toll-free 24/7 Repair Service Line at 1-877-475-9546 to report the outage. Technicians will be out to restore service as soon as it is safe to get back on the road. We appreciate your patience as our teams work to ensure uninterrupted service for our members and customers. Be safe and take care of yourself and your neighbors.
Simple Tips to Stay Connected:
- Fully charge your cell phones and locate your car charger
- Save your cell phone battery by texting instead of calling and lowering the brightness on your phones
- Take important phone numbers with you if you leave home
- Develop an alternative communication plan to stay in touch
- Follow SkyLine/SkyBest on Facebook to receive up-to-date announcements about service affecting issues or outages