Last Updated on January 5, 2021 3:40 am
…Snow for the Higher Elevations… .An upper level disturbance will move across the mountains today resulting in snow across the higher elevations, and rain mixed with snow in the lower elevations. Temperatures above 3500 feet in elevation are expected to remain at or below freezing through the day, allowing the snow to accumulate.
300 AM EST Tue Jan 5 2021
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING
ABOVE 3500 FEET…
- WHAT…Snow expected above 3500 feet. Total snow accumulations
of 2 to 4 inches. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
- WHERE…In Virginia, Tazewell, Smyth and Grayson Counties. In
North Carolina, Ashe and Watauga Counties.
- WHEN…Until 10 PM EST this evening.
- IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Temperatures above 3500 feet in elevation
are expected to remain below freezing through the day.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.