Last Updated on December 21, 2018 5:20 am
…HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO NOON
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to noon EST
* Winds…Northwest 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Timing…This afternoon through early Saturday.
* Impacts…Downed trees and power lines, some localized
structural damage. Slick roads due to snow.
* Locations…Grayson Highlands of Virginia into the Northern
Mountains of North Carolina.
* Hazards…Damaging winds and light snow.
* Snowfall…1 to 3 inches, localized 4 inch amounts.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph are likely to cause power outages…fallen trees…
property damage…and dangerous driving conditions for high
profile vehicles. Move unfastened items…such as garbage cans
and deck furniture…indoors.