Last Updated on November 5, 2014 3:15 pm
The Boone Police Department seeks to partner with the community in reducing breaking and entering incidents involving homes, apartments, and automobiles. Recent reports of breaking and entering incidents have not been confined to a specific area, but have been occurring throughout the town. Recent arrests have revealed that offenders are targeting unlocked and unsecured property, vehicles, and dwellings.
The Boone Police Department doesn’t want you to become a victim. Lock your vehicle and dwelling doors anytime you leave them unattended. Routinely practicing this simple step will deter criminals that are looking for easy opportunities. The officers of The Boone Police Department work hard to prevent and solve property crime, but we also encourage everyone to take steps to prevent further incidents.
Additional Crime Prevention Steps:
• Lock all home and vehicle doors and windows…Each time you leave or got to bed.
• When not home, close blinds and curtains
• Utilize outdoor lighting with motion sensor activation at night
• Remove valuables from vehicles when they are not attended
• Park in well illuminated areas
• Secure bicycles with an anti-theft lock
• Record serial numbers, descriptions, and take photos of your valuables.
• If you see suspicious activity, immediately call 911.
Boone is a fantastic place to live, play, and learn. The Boone Police Department wants to continue to serve our community in a proactive manner by reminding you to take these simple crime prevention steps. Officers are available for one-on-one home security briefings where an officer will do a walkthrough of your property and note ways that residents can increase security by practicing good crime prevention techniques. Please contact Sgt. Matt Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 828-268-6936, if you have any questions regarding how to better secure your property. We hope the residents of Boone will partner with us in this endeavor to keep Boone safe and secure.
Visit our website, http://www.townofboone.net/departments/police/index.html, and chose “Crime Prevention Tips” from the navigation panel to read more useful safety information.