Last Updated on December 18, 2023 6:34 pm
Ashe County Sheriff B. Phil Howell would like to ask all Ashe County citizens for their help and cooperation with a recent potential scam.
The Ashe County Sheriff’s Office has been looking into a potential scam dealing with cell towers in and around Ashe County. If you have been a victim of this potential scam by sending money for a deed search, placement of a cell tower, or consultant fee, the sheriff's office needs you to come forward.
Before you come to the Ashe County Sheriff’s Office, you will need to compile the following:
1. Any contract or signed documentation.
2. Any bank statement or money transaction paid.
3. Any and all locations of properties in question (parcels or address) (you can
find your parcel id by visiting https://gis.ashecountygov.com/maps/
4. Any communication asking for or promises of money.
5. Any important communication between parties about personal property.
6. Contact information for any other persons who are known to have sent money.
7. Complete the forms located for download at https://bit.ly/actower or by
picking them up from the Ashe County Sheriff’s Office.
We understand that a lot of communication was sent in mass email. Most of these will
be reoccurring. Please only bring in communication that is pertinent for you and for
your personal property.
We also understand there are many potential victims, so organization is critical. Please
organize your file in the above order to help. Thank you for your cooperation.
To report, we ask that you collect EVERYTHING that is requested on the forms located
at https://bit.ly/actower and bring them to the 2nd floor of the Ashe County Sheriff’s