Last Updated on May 8, 2023 9:27 am
BOONE, N.C. — Appalachian State University will recognize spring 2023 graduates during commencement ceremonies on Friday and Saturday, May 12 and 13.
Ceremonies will take place at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. each day in the George M. Holmes Convocation Center on App State’s campus.
During the events, graduates will walk across the stage in Holmes Convocation Center, have their names announced and be professionally photographed receiving their diploma covers. App State Chancellor Sheri Everts will confer degrees upon graduates at each ceremony, which will include graduates from each of App State’s academic colleges, the Williams School of Graduate Studies and the Hayes School of Music.
Ceremonies are scheduled by academic college as follows:
Friday, May 12
- 9 a.m.: Beaver College of Health Sciences, Hayes School of Music
- 1 p.m.: College of Arts and Sciences: Departments of English; History; Interdisciplinary Studies; Languages, Literatures and Cultures; Philosophy and Religion; Psychology; and Sociology
- 5 p.m.: College of Arts and Sciences: Departments of Anthropology; Biology; Chemistry and Fermentation Sciences; Computer Science; Geography and Planning; Geological and Environmental Sciences; Government and Justice Studies; Mathematical Sciences; and Physics and Astronomy
Saturday, May 13
- 9 a.m.: Reich College of Education
- 1 p.m.: Walker College of Business
- 5 p.m.: College of Fine and Applied Arts
A livestream of each event will be made available on App State’s commencement website. Visit appstate.edu/commencement for more information.