Last Updated on July 11, 2023 3:47 pm
Boone, NC – The Boone Police Department conducted an investigation into the Sexual Exploitation of Minors on the Internet. As a result of the investigation; on Thursday, June 29th, 2023, the Boone Police Department initially arrested a Boone man for the Production, Duplication and Possession of Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM).
The Boone Police Department is a member of the North Carolina Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force, which is continually engaged in proactive and reactive investigations and prosecutions of persons involved in child abuse and exploitation of children involving the internet.
James Matthew JOHNSON, 35 years-of-age, of Boone, NC was arrested and charged with the following crimes.
- Five counts of First Degree Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
- Two counts of Second Degree Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
- Three counts of Third Degree Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
On Tuesday, July 11th, 2023, as a result of further investigation, JOHNSON was charged with the following additional crimes.
- Two counts of Statutory Sex Offense with a Person who is 15 years of age or younger.
- One count of Indecent Liberties with a Child
The arrestee in this case is:
James Matthew JOHNSON
W/M, 35 years-of-age
JOHNSON’s court date was set for August 18th, 2023 and his combined conditions of release were set as a secured bond amount of $1,500,000.