King Street, in downtown Boone, has been nominated for a People’s Choice in the Great Main Streets contest by the North Carolina Chapter of the American Planning Association.
Residents can vote at http://www.greatplacesnc.org.
Voting ends on May 9 at 5pm and the winners will be announced the week of May 12.
Choices for the “People’s Choice” in the “Great Main Streets” category are:
– Main Street; Benson, NC – Johnson County
– E. & W. Union Street; Morganton, NC – Burke County
– King Street; Boone, NC – Watauga County
– Main; Mooresville, NC – Iredell County
– North Davidson Street; Charlotte, NC – Mecklenburg County
The “People’s Choice” options for “Great Public Places” are:
– Downtown Waterfront Boardwalk; Manteo, NC – Dare County
– Town Common; Tarboro, NC – Edgecombe County
– Town Square; Burnsville, NC – Yancey County