Wednesday Night House Fire In Zionville Community, Occupants Escape Safely

Last Updated on January 18, 2018 10:17 am

Firefighters in the bitter cold battled a house fire in the Zionville community on Wednesday night.

The fire, at 138 Eggers Hollow Road, was dispatched out around 7:30 pm.

Taylor Marsh, Watauga County Fire Marshal, tells the fire appears to have started in the wall and ceiling around the chimney and wood stove. The house is a total loss estimated at $70,000. The occupants made it out safely and The American Red Cross will be assisting the displaced residents, Marsh added.

Zionville Fire, Cove Creek Fire, Watauga Fire Marshal, Watauga Medics and Watauga Rescue responded to the scene. Temperatures around the time of dispatch were around 8 degrees, with wind chills around -11. 



Back to top button