Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute (CCC&TI) along with The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA) has announced the new Next NC Scholarship, which could potentially cover the full cost of tuition and fees for qualifying students planning to enroll at CCC&TI or any of the state’s other public 2-year and 4-year institutions for the 2024-2025 academic year.
The scholarship, which was approved in late 2023, is available to students who plan to enroll at any North Carolina public institution (either 2-year or 4-year) and provides $3,000 to $5,000 per academic year to help students cover the cost of tuition, books, fees, and living or other expenses. The scholarship is awarded to those who qualify after completing the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) with eligible community college students receiving at least $3,000 per year.
“For qualifying local students, this new scholarship initiative will make it more affordable than ever to pursue post-secondary education and training. In fact, for many students, it will cover 100 percent of tuition and fees, essentially making college free for those who qualify,” said CCC&TI President Dr. Mark Poarch. “That’s a great incentive and could be a true gamechanger for students and families across the state.”
Students who plan to attend CCC&TI in Fall 2024 are encouraged to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible or by August 15, in order to receive all of the Next NC Scholarship funds for which they are eligible.
To receive the Next NC Scholarship, students must be:
- A North Carolina resident who is eligible for in-state tuition
- A high school graduate (high school equivalency completers are eligible)
- From a household with an annual Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $80,000 or less
- Enrolled in an eligible undergraduate curriculum program for the 2024-2025 academic year
- Taking at least 6 credit hours per semester (part-time students will receive a partial award)
- Meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards of the school you plan to attend
- A student who has completed the 2024-2025 FAFSA, with a resulting Student Aid Index (SAI) at or below 7,500 (once complete, the financial aid office at the college/university you plan to attend will determine and confirm eligibility)
For more information on enrolling at CCC&TI, completing the FAFSA or other financial aid related questions, call 828-726-2200 (Caldwell) or 828-297-3811 (Watauga) or visit www.cccti.edu/payingforcollege.
Find more information about the Next NC Scholarship and eligibility at nextncscholarship.org.