Fire Crews Respond To Rembrandt Drive Chimney Fire On Tuesday Night

Last Updated on January 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Update – has learned that the house belongs to former Appalachian State football coach Jerry Moore. Damage estimates are around $25,000 for property and around $2,500 for contents in the house.

Multiple fire departments responded to a chimney fire near the Blue Ridge Parkway on Tuesday night.

Captain Jacob Burleson, spokesman for Boone Fire Department, tells that crews were dispatched out at 6:34 pm to the home located on Rembrandt Drive. The two-story home had fireplaces on both floors with both in operation at the time, according to Burleson.

Arriving firefighters found smoke on both floors and in the attic. Burleson said that was significant heat in the home but the damage was minimal.  

A total of 21 firefighters responded, either to the scene or to help cover Boone Fire's remaining service area, including those from Blowing Rock Fire, Cove Creek Fire, and Foscoe Fire. Other responding agencies included Watauga Medics and Watauga Rescue. 

The final crew left the scene at 9:34 pm. No injuries were reported. 


Back to top button