Last Updated on April 3, 2018 8:51 am
…WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM WEDNESDAY TO 8 AM EDT
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 11 AM Wednesday to 8 AM EDT
* Locations…Near and along the Blue Ridge from the Northwest
North Carolina mountains, and southwest Virginia from Grayson
County northeast to Roanoke County.
* Hazards…Strong wind gusts.
* Winds…West to Northwest 15 to 30 mph with gusts of 45 to 50
* Timing…Late Wednesday morning through early Thursday morning.
* Impacts...Possible downed weaker trees, especially those
weakened by recent heavy wet snows and prior wind storms.
Isolated to scattered power outages will be possible. High
profile vehicles such as campers, recreational vehicles, and
large tractor-trailers will need to be alert for strong cross
winds on north-south oriented roadways.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.