Last Updated on January 1, 2022 10:56 am
Including the cities of West Jefferson, Boone, Tazewell, Marion,
Independence, Whitetop, Troutdale, and Volney
1051 AM EST Sat Jan 1 2022
…WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST SUNDAY…
- WHAT…Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
- WHERE…In Virginia, Tazewell, Smyth and Grayson Counties. In
North Carolina, Ashe and Watauga Counties.
- WHEN…Until 1 AM EST Sunday.
- IMPACTS…Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Elevations above 4000 feet are expected to
experience the strongest winds. Gusts up to 55 mph are possible
on Mount Rogers and the Grayson Highlands of Virginia, and atop
Mount Jefferson and Beech Mountain, North Carolina.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.