News

Thursday Night Fire at Ward Greene Road Home Still Under Investigation

Share this:

Last Updated on March 26, 2022 2:30 pm

The investigation into a Thursday night fire at a home on Ward Greene Road in Vilas contiues as of Friday afternoon.

Jay Kerley, Assistant Fire Marshal, tells WataugaOnline.com that the home, at 469 Ward Greene Road, sustained a substantial amount of damage to the front porch and attic areas.

The home was being rented by a female occupant. She, along with her three dogs, escaped with no injuries.

Kerley says that the fire started on the front porch got into the attic. The fire dispatch call went out at 10:02 pm, the fire was controlled at 10:46 pm.

Cove Creek Fire, Boone Fire, Fire Marshal's office, Watauga Medics, Watauga Rescue and Watauga County Sheriff’s office responded to the scene.

 

Photo: Jay Kerley/Watauga County Fire Marshal's Office
Photo: Jay Kerley/Watauga County Fire Marshal's Office
Photo: Jay Kerley/Watauga County Fire Marshal's Office
Back to top button