No Injuries Reported In Appalachian Drive Fire On Thursday, Extensive Damage To Structure

Last Updated on April 5, 2019 4:43 pm

A home on Appalachian Drive suffered extensive damage after a fire on Thursday.

Officers with the Boone Police Department were first to arrive on the scene, at 859 Appalachian Drive, and were able to confirm that all occupants were out of the single family home.  

After the initial dispatch at 1:23 pm, Boone Fire Department crews were able to have the fire controlled by 1:50 pm, however due to the complexity of overhaul operations fire crews remained on scene until 10:00 pm.

The structure received extensive damage to the main floor and attic area with dollar loss estimates in excess of $400,000 for the structure and contents, according to a report from Boone Fire.

Fire Investigators with Boone Fire were able to determine the fire originated on the exterior of the structure at the electrical service meter base. The fire then extended into the structure aided by moderate winds of 10+ miles per hour. The cause of the fire was an electrical short within the meter base of the electrical service.

The Boone Fire Department would like to thank the following agencies for their assistance: Boone Police Department, Watauga Medics, Foscoe and Cove Creek Fire Departments

Back to top button