News

Major Damage In Meat Camp Home Fire – Sunday Nov 11, 2018

Share this:

Last Updated on March 26, 2022 2:31 pm

A Meat Camp home sustained extensive damage after a Sunday fire.

 The fire, at 162 Little Creek Road, was dispatched out at 12:24 pm.

A chimney fire due to creosote buildup caused the fire that then spread, Assistant Watauga County Fire Marshal Jay Kerley tells WataugaOnline.com. Kerley adds that the fire spread from cracks in the chimney to the interior of the home.

The fire was contained to the second floor, where there was extensive. There were no reported injuries and no one was home at the time.

Meat Camp Fire, Todd Fire, Boone Fire, Fire Marshal's office, Watauga Medics and Watauga Rescue responded to the scene.

Photos: Drew Wallace

Back to top button