Last Updated on October 20, 2018 6:17 am
..HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON EDT
…FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 10 AM EDT
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to noon EDT
Sunday. A Freeze Warning has also been issued. This Freeze
Warning is in effect from midnight tonight to 10 AM EDT Sunday.
The Freeze Watch is no longer in effect.
* Temperatures…As low as 28 degrees.
* Winds…Northwest winds gusting to 60 mph.
* Timing…Temperatures midnight tonight through late Sunday
morning. Strongest winds this evening into the overnight.
* Impacts…May kill sensitive outdoor plants if left uncovered or
out of doors. Winds may be strong enough to topple trees and
powerlines. Minor structural damage also possible.
* Locations…The North Carolina High Country into Grayson County
* Hazards…Widespread sub-freezing temperatures along with
possible damaging winds.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph are likely to cause power outages…fallen trees…
property damage…and dangerous driving conditions for high
profile vehicles. Move unfastened items…such as garbage cans
and deck furniture…indoors.
A Freeze Warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other