Last Updated on May 22, 2022 2:57 pm
250 PM EDT Sun May 22 2022
…FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 645 PM EDT THIS EVENING…
- WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
- WHERE…A portion of northwest North Carolina, including the
following county, Ashe.
- WHEN…Until 645 PM EDT.
- IMPACTS…Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
Water over roadways.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
- At 250 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin
shortly in the advisory area. Between 1.5 and 2 inches of
rain have fallen.
- This includes the following streams and drainages…
South Fork New River, Osborn Creek, Piney Branch, Little Peak
Creek, Meadow Fork, Darnell Creek, Peak Creek, Roten Creek,
Mulberry Creek, North Fork Reddies River and Prathers Creek.
Additional rainfall amounts up to 0.5 inches are expected
over the area. This additional rain will result in minor
- Some locations that will experience flooding include…
When it is safe to do so, please send your reports of flooding,
including mudslides or flooded roads, to the National Weather
Service by calling toll free at 1…8 6 6…2 1 5…4 3 2 4. Reports
and pictures can also be shared on the National Weather Service
Blacksburg Facebook page and on Twitter.