Last Updated on May 11, 2016 6:50 pm
Boone, NC – On May 9, 2016, an incident was reported to the Boone Police Department regarding the Breaking and Entering of a vehicle and subsequent larceny of a firearm from within.
On May 10, 2016, Boone Police developed a suspect, Jeffrey Stuart Cashwell, age 44, of Boone, NC. Boone Police located Mr. Cashwell and initiated a traffic stop of the vehicle in which Mr. Cashwell was a passenger. A subsequent search of the vehicle led to the recovery of the stolen firearm.
Jeffrey Cashwell was placed under arrest and charged with the following crimes.
- One count of Felony Breaking or Entering a Motor Vehicle
- One count of Felony Larceny of a Firearm
- One count of Felony Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Two counts of Felony Financial Card Theft
- Three counts of Misdemeanor Financial Card Fraud
- One count of Misdemeanor Larceny
Mr. Cashwell was taken before a Watauga County Magistrate, where he was assigned a court date of June 14, 2016, and placed under a $25,000 secured bond.