Last Updated on January 31, 2013 3:15 pm
During the evening hours of Tuesday January 29th, 2013, officers with the Boone Police Department Narcotics Division ended a 6-month drug investigation. This investigation ended when the target of the case was arrested and served with several arrest warrants. At the time of his arrest, Narcotic investigators located more prescription pills and marijuana on his person.
“About six months ago, our drug investigators identified a man selling various illegal narcotics in Boone, named David Michael Hudson. Every narcotics investigation is different and these cases can take longer than other types of investigations, depending on the particular cases variables and complexity. This investigation involved undercover officers making purchases of various prescription pills and Psilocybin (mushrooms) directly from Hudson.” – Sgt. Chris Hatton
“Our narcotics division works hard every day to identify and arrest drug dealers, but they need help from the community. If you have information about illegal drugs, please tell us about it. Crimestoppers is a great information sharing venue that allows you to remain anonymous.” – Captain Andy Lebeau
The investigation into the persons involved with Hudson in the drug trade continues by the Boone Police Department.
The person listed below was arrested and charged with the listed crimes:
David Michael Hudson
242 Tanner Road,
Boone, NC 28607
Hudson was charged with one count of each of the following:
• Felony Trafficking by Possession in Opium.
• Felony Possession with Intent to Sell & Deliver a Schedule I controlled substance, Psilocybin (mushrooms).
• Felony Sell & Deliver a Schedule I Controlled Substance, Psilocybin (mushrooms).
• Felony Sell & Deliver a Schedule IV Controlled Substance, Alprazolam (Xanax).
• Felony Possession with Intent to Sell & Deliver a Schedule II controlled substance, Oxycodone Hydrochloride.
• Felony Possession with Intent to Sell & Deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, Suboxone.
• Felony Possession with Intent to Sell & Deliver a Schedule IV controlled substance, Diazepam.
• Felony Possession with Intent to Sell & Deliver a Schedule IV controlled substance, Alprazolam (Xanax).
• Felony Possession with Intent to Sell & Deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance, Marijuana.
Hudson was lodged in the Watauga County Jail under a $15,000 secured bond.
Crimestoppers can be reached 24 hours a day at: