Last Updated on April 8, 2022 4:59 am
Including the cities of Banner Elk, Newland, Luck, Waynesville,
428 AM EDT Fri Apr 8 2022
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
2 AM EDT SUNDAY ABOVE 3500 FEET…
- WHAT…Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 4 inches
with locally higher amounts. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.
- WHERE…Portions of western North Carolina.
- WHEN…From 2 PM this afternoon to 2 AM EDT Sunday.
- IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous
conditions could impact the evening commute.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Isolated power outages are possible due to
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National
Weather Service toll free at…1…800…2 6 7…8 1 0 1. Leave a
message with your observation and the specific location where it
occurred. You can also post your report to National Weather
Service Greenville Spartanburg Facebook or tweet your report
using hashtag nwsgsp.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.weather.gov/gsp. The latest state road
conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.