Last Updated on February 10, 2023 2:34 pm
Including the cities of West Jefferson, Sparta, Boone,
Independence, Whitetop, Troutdale, and Volney
225 PM EST Fri Feb 10 2023
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH
* WHAT…Heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow and sleet
accumulations of 2 to 6 inches, with up to a foot of snow possible
at the highest elevations. Ice accumulations of a light glaze
possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE…In North Carolina, Ashe, Alleghany NC and Watauga
Counties. In Virginia, Grayson County.
* WHEN…From Saturday evening through Sunday evening.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Heavy wet snow and gusty winds may down
trees and cause power outages.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow…sleet…or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.