Last Updated on February 13, 2022 8:45 am
…WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON EDT
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to noon EDT
* Winds…West 15 to 30 mph with gusts increasing up to 50 mph.
* Timing…Early this evening through Monday morning.
* Impacts…Tree limbs may be blown down. Scattered power outages
* Locations…Along and west of the Blue Ridge including the
foothills. Strongest winds at the higher elevations.
* Hazards…Strong wind gusts.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.