Last Updated on November 25, 2018 2:57 pm
…WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM MONDAY TO 7 AM EST
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 11 AM Monday to 7 AM EST
* Winds…Gusting 40 to 50 MPH.
* Timing…Late Monday morning through Monday night.
* Impacts…Tree limbs may be blown down and cause scattered power
* Locations…Along and west of the Blue Ridge, especially the
* Hazards…Strong gusty winds.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.