Last Updated on October 11, 2018 9:23 am
Including the cities of West Jefferson, Sparta, Dobson, Boone,
Wilkesboro, and Yadkinville
443 AM EDT Thu Oct 11 2018
…WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 11 AM EDT
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 11 AM
* Winds…Northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph this
morning. Northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph this
afternoon into Friday morning.
* Timing…Today into Friday morning.
* Impacts…Strong wind combined with heavy rain may cause downed
trees and power outages.
* Locations…Northwest North Carolina mountains and foothills.
* Hazards…Strong wind gusts.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to
31 to 39 MPH or gusts will range between 46 and 57 MPH. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.