Last Updated on March 7, 2022 6:21 am
Including the cities of West Jefferson, Sparta, Dobson, Danbury,
Eden, Yanceyville, Boone, Wilkesboro, Yadkinville, Marion, Bland,
Pearisburg, Wytheville, Radford, Pulaski, Blacksburg,
Independence, Whitetop, Troutdale, Volney, Galax, Floyd,
New Castle, Clifton Forge, Covington, Roanoke, Salem, Fincastle,
Lexington, Buena Vista, Stuart, Rocky Mount, Bedford,
Martinsville, Danville, Lynchburg, Appomattox, South Boston,
Keysville, Union, Lewisburg, White Sulphur Springs, and Alderson
338 AM EST Mon Mar 7 2022
…WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 9 PM EST
- WHAT…Southwest winds 10 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph
- WHERE…Portions of central, south central, southwest and west
central Virginia, north central and northwest North Carolina
and southeast West Virginia.
- WHEN…From 10 AM this morning to 9 PM EST this evening.
- IMPACTS…Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The strongest winds today and this evening
are expected to accompany a narrow line of moderate to heavy
rain showers that will traverse the region from west to east
between mid-afternoon west of the Blue Ridge to early evening
east of the Blue Ridge.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle particularly across higher terrain. Secure