Last Updated on July 22, 2020 12:52 pm
The Watauga County School system has announced plans for high school Freshmen Orientation for the upcoming school year.
It will take place on Thursday August 13th and scheduled times will occur depending on the student's last name.
|8:30-9:30 a.m.||A – Carr|
|9:30-10:30 a.m.||Carroll – E|
|10:30-11:30 a.m.||F – H|
|11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.||I – Miller|
|1:00-2:00 p.m.||Millsaps – Ray|
|2:00-3:00 p.m.||Reece – T|
|3:00-4:00 p.m.||U – Z + New Students (Grades 10-12)|
“Freshmen Orientation” will include:
- Chromebook pick-up
- Distribution of schedules and packets
- Information stations for Bus Transportation, Child Nutrition, and Driver Education
- Time to walk around and find classes/meet teachers
- Tours will be available if needed/requested.
Students will need to bring Chromebook paperwork that will need to be filled out prior to August 13th. It is very important to bring the following with to Orientation:
- Completed paperwork (with all highlighted portions filled out)
- Chromebook sleeve (which students received at the start of 8th grade if they attended a public school in Watauga County) OR a backpack
- $35 ~ which covers general school and Chromebook fees
- Checks can be made payable to Watauga High School.
- You can visit our school website for an online payment option.
- Fee waivers will be available if needed.
School Supply List: There is not a school supply list for the high school since there are so many different classes and teachers. Your child should just plan to bring the “basics” on the first day (paper/pencil/notebook) of school and anything that helps him/her stay organized (i.e., highlighters, etc.) ~ and then each of the teachers will let the students know if there is anything specific that will be needed for their classes.
Health and safety is the top concern, so please be aware of the following:
- The school is asking that only parents/guardians come with their freshmen to Orientation.
- Everyone must wear a cloth mask at all times.
- Temperature scans will be done prior to anyone entering the school.
- All social distancing guidelines will apply.
The Watauga High School webpage will have a link with additional information about “Freshmen Orientation.” If you have any specific questions, you may contact Leigh Lyall (email@example.com) or Dr. Susan Mochen (firstname.lastname@example.org).