Last Updated on September 12, 2023 5:07 pm
Ashe NC-Watauga NC-Wilkes NC-
428 PM EDT Tue Sep 12 2023
…FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 730 PM EDT THIS EVENING…
- WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
- WHERE…A portion of northwest North Carolina, including the
following counties, Ashe, Watauga and Wilkes.
- WHEN…Until 730 PM EDT.
- IMPACTS…Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
- At 428 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin
shortly in the advisory area. Between 1 and 3 inches of rain
- This includes the following streams and drainages…
Flat Branch, Little Fork, Middle Fork Reddies River, Fall
Creek, Little Dugger Creek, North Prong Lewis Fork, Elk
Creek, Dugger Creek, Little Fork Creek, North Fork Reddies
River, Mill Creek and Left Prong Stony Fork.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Boone… Blowing Rock…
Deep Gap… Wilbar…
Cascade Falls… Darby…
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
When it is safe to do so, please send your reports of flooding,
including mudslides or flooded roads, to the National Weather
Service by calling toll free at 1…8 6 6…2 1 5…4 3 2 4. Reports
and pictures can also be shared on the National Weather Service
Blacksburg Facebook page and on Twitter.