Last Updated on November 25, 2015 10:57 pm
Following recent events, the Appalachian State University department of athletics will enact enhanced security measures for Saturday's game.
While the Department of Homeland Security advises that there are currently no known threats against collegiate stadiums, the university is taking additional precautions at Kidd Brewer Stadium to ensure the safety of all guests and student-athletes. There will be an increased security and law enforcement presence inside, outside and surrounding Kidd Brewer Stadium. Additional security measures are also being enacted but not publicized.
Appalachian State University strongly recommends that fans not bring bags into Kidd Brewer Stadium. Also, fans are asked to arrive earlier than normal to accommodate increased security measures. The Appalachian Athletics Center will open at noon and all other fan gates will open at 12:30 p.m..
Extra security measures that could impact guests include:
• Everyone entering the stadium will be required to open their coats and outerwear.
• Some guests may be asked to empty their pockets at the gates.
• Except for authorized personnel and those with a medical need, others entering the stadium are encouraged to leave any bags at home or in their car.
• Poles/sticks for flags or signs will be prohibited.
• Only collapsible strollers that do not interfere with other guests will be permitted.
Guests are reminded that the following items remain prohibited at Kidd Brewer Stadium:
• Artificial noise makers
• Drones/Unmanned aerial vehicles
• Food and drink of any kind
• Illegal substances
• Pets or animals
• Laser pointers
• Coolers and containers
• Weapons and explosives
• Lawn chairs
• Smoked tobacco products and E-Cigs
* Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements or special needs.
Guests are also encouraged to utilize the Text Tip service if anyone witnesses suspicious activity inside or outside of Kidd Brewer Stadium. Guests can request assistance at any time by texting “appstatetip” followed by the issue at location to 67283 or by calling Appalachian State University Police at (828) 262-8000. In case of an emergency, guests should call 911 immediately.