As summer break begins to wind down for Watauga County public school students, officials with the school system would like to remind parents of incoming freshman, and returning students, to Watauga High of some important dates and information.
Freshmen (and New Student)/Parent Orientation:
Date: Monday, August 14th
8:30-11:15 a.m. (For students with last name beginning with A – L)
12:00 – 2:45 p.m. (For students with last name beginning with M – Z)
· Students and parents will get to hear from the new principal, their grade-level administrator, school counselor, and other WHS personnel and support staff.
· Information regarding the new Chromebook initiative will be given. Students and parents will have the opportunity to fill out paperwork and pay school fees ($35).
· Students will also have the opportunity to meet their advisory teacher, tour the school, and receive their schedule.
· There will be an Orientation Fair for parents to find out information about Drivers Education, Buses/Transportation, Child Nutrition, and more.
Orientation for Returning Students in Grades 10-12/Parents:
Dates: Thursday, August 10th OR Monday, August 14th
4:30-5:15 p.m.- “Meet & Greet” with the new principal (Dr. Chris Blanton), turn in school fees & paperwork
5:30-6:30 p.m.- Student/Parent Orientation Presentation
6:30-7:15 p.m. – “Meet & Greet” with Dr. Blanton, turn in school fees & paperwork
· Returning students in grades 10-12 have two options of when to attend a Student/Parent Orientation. Students will get their schedules, and students/parents can pay school fees ($35), complete paperwork, and meet the new Watauga High School Principal. There will be an overview of the coming school year, including information about the new student Chromebooks. (All students who complete paperwork and pay school fees at this Orientation will receive their Chromebook the first day of school.)