A late Thursday night fire has left a home with extensive damage in the Green Street area of Boone.
Boone Fire was dispatched out to the single-family home, at 262 Old Bristol Road, at 10:48 pm to find the structure well involved. Crews were able to determine that all occupants were out of the residence.
The fire was determined to be under control at 11:21 pm, but crews stayed on scene until 3:00 am working hot spots and hidden fire.
Dollar loss estimates are in excess of $300,000 for the structure and contents, with extensive damage to the 2nd floor and attic area and water damage to the first floor, according to a report from Boone Fire.
Fire Investigators with the Boone Fire Department were able to determine the fire originated on the exterior of the structure at an attached storage shed. The fire then extended into the structure and was aided by moderate winds at the time of the fire. The cause of the fire was discarded smoking material igniting ordinary combustibles.
The Boone Fire Department would like to thank the following agencies for their assistance: Boone Police Department and Watauga Medics.