Sept. 14, 2017: Sections of the parkway in North Carolina remain closed due to numerous downed trees and slides. Areas closed during storm cleanup are closed to all traffic, including cyclists and hikers.Please check The Blue Ridge Parkway Road Closure Map for additional closures. The following facilities remain closed:
- Linville Falls Visitor Center
- Craggy Gardens Visitor Center
- Waterrock Knob Visitor Center
- Pisgah Campground
- Linville Falls Campground
- Sections of the road currently closed:
Milepost 273 – 276
Milepost 305 – 317
Milepost 317 – 324
Milepost 355 – 382
Milepost 393 – 442
Milepost 442 – 469
Road Closures Due to Maintenance Projects
Road maintenance projects may cause temporary road closures along the Parkway. Please check The Blue Ridge Parkway Road Closure Map (https://go.nps.gov/brp-map) for real-time road closure/condition information.
- Milepost 27 to 37
Milepost 64 to 101
Milepost 150 to 175
Pavement resurfacing with one lane closures through September 2017. Visitors may experience delays. Work zones will be managed by one-lane traffic control using flaggers and an escort vehicle seven days a week. Active work zones will be closed overnight from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., seven days a week. More information
- Milepost 216 to 228 – Visitors may experience delays through September 2017 due to paving. Work will be completed during weekdays and daylight hours, under a one-lane closure, with flaggers providing traffic control.
- Work the week of Sept 11-16
Milepost 27.2-37.5 Single lane closure for 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Milepost 77-101 Single lane closure during daylight hours
Milepost 29.2-46.9 Full closure overnight from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
• Otter Creek Restaurant (Milepost 60.8) south of Buena Vista, VA is closed.
• Bluffs Lodge is closed.
• Rocky Knob Cabins are closed.
• Dobie Mountain Trail at Humpback Rocks in VA (Milepost 6) is closed.