HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect until 7 PM EST this evening. The Wind
Advisory is no longer in effect.
* Winds…Northwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Timing…Mainly this morning into the mid-afternoon, diminishing
during the evening hours.
* Impacts…Downed trees and power lines possible. Very difficult
driving at higher elevations through mountain passes and on
north-south oriented roadways.
* Locations…Mountains of northwest North Carolina into Grayson
county of far southwest Virginia.
* Hazards…Very strong and gusty northwest winds.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph are likely to cause power outages…fallen trees…
property damage…and dangerous driving conditions for high
profile vehicles. Move unfastened items…such as garbage cans
and deck furniture…indoors.