An on going/updated list of Halloween activities in Watauga County this year so that you can plan your travel/activities accordingly. The Mountain Times has also published a list of events as well.
-Trunk Treating at Mabel United Methodist Church on Old 421 in Zionville 5-7pm Monday, Oct 31st! Come and go trunk-treating in the parking lot, check out the glowing pumpkins in Jack-o-Lantern Alley, and munch on hotdogs in the Fellowship Hall. It's free and all are welcome!
-Ghosts, ghouls and goblins hit the streets of Downtown Boone for the
11th Annual Downtown Boo!! on Monday, October 31st. The fun begins at 4:00 pm at the Watauga County Library. There will be scary stories, songs and activities for the kids. Then at 4:30 pm we will have a parade to the Jones House Community Center followed by Trick or Treating with the Merchants in Downtown Boone until 6:30 pm. Participating businesses will be designated with balloons and streamers. Maps will also be provided so no candy or treats go uncollected. Join us for a few Halloween “tricks” and lots of delicious “treats” in Downtown Boone. For more information please call (828) 262-4532 or visit www.boone-nc.org or www.townofboone.net.
-Trick-or-Treat for Tots at ASU will be happen this Thursday, Oct. 27 in ASU's East campus residence halls (East, Cannon, Hoey, Doughton, Lovill, White and Cone) from 5-8pm. Come enjoy fun and games in the lobbies of these halls with trick-or-treating throughout the buildings.
-Mountaineer Madness,Thursday, October 27,5:00-8:00 p.m.,Varsity Gym
FREE ADMISSION, Basketball, Trick or Treating, Games, Inflatables & More…
Details at GoASU.com
-Ghoul School at Blowing Rock School on Saturday from 4-9 PM. More info available @ www.wataugacountyschools.com website. Click on School -> Blowing Rock
-Beech Mountain will have a Halloween celebration Saturday. Trick-or-treating will begin at 6pm at Town Hall with a haunted hayride & party to follow at Buckeye Recreation Center.
-Fall Festival at Oak Grove Baptist Church! 6 -8pm October 31st!
Come join us as we provide a free meal, games, crafts, and even a hay ride (weather permitting)! It will be a blast and did I mention candy and even a free photo for the family! Located across from the Law Enforcement Center.
-Celebrate Halloween with the creatures of the Grandfather Mountain Animal Habitats Saturday October 29 from 10am-3pm. Join in the first ever “Beary Scary Halloween” festivities and help the Mountain raise funds for renovations on Grandfather’s eagle habitat. A complete list of the schedule and on Facebook
-Sugar Grove Developmental Day School Fall Festival & BINGO event. Fun for the whole family. Games, face painting, an airwalk, and a dunking booth. Over 100 prizes for the Bingo event. Tickets are $7 for the Fall Festival and there will be quarter, fifty cents, and dollar games at Bingo. Call the school at 297-4226 for more information, or their website and facebook page.
– Trunk or Treat. Deep Gap VFD. Monday, October 31st from 5 until 7. The community is invited to bring candy and give out at the fire dept. If you wear costumes please keep it family friendly, More info call Becky Parsons 964-3583 or Becky Arnette 964-1439.
– Mabel Baptist Church on Old 421 in Zionville will have Trunk Treating 5:30 until 7:30 PM on October 31st.
– Mount Vernon is having a Fall Fest on Friday from 6-8:30pm
– Trunk or Treat at Cove Creek Elementary on Friday, October 28th from 6:00-9:00
– Ghoul School at Blowing Rock School Auditorium this Saturday from 4p-9p. Cost $5.00. Starts just after the Halloween parade on Main Street. Ensemble Stage, ASU Department of Theater, BR Parks & Rec, and the BR School PTO teamed up this year for this years event. This is a fundraiser for BR school PTO. You can get more info on school website.
– Friday night from 6pm to 8pm the Cove Creek PTSO is hosting a trunk or treat at Cove Creek Elementary School. A costume contest, cake walk, food and lots of fun and CANDY!