Sept. 18, 2017: Sections of the parkway in North Carolina remain closed due to downed trees and slides. Areas closed during storm cleanup are closed to all traffic, including cyclists and hikers.Check The Blue Ridge Parkway Road Closure Map for additional closures. The following facilities remain closed:
- Craggy Gardens Visitor Center and Picnic Area
- Road: Milepost 355 – 382, from Craggy Gardens to US-70 is closed
Road Closures Due to Maintenance Projects
- Milepost 27 to 37
Milepost 64 to 101
Milepost 150 to 175
Pavement resurfacing with one lane closures through September 2017. Visitors may experience delays. Work zones will be managed by one-lane traffic control using flaggers and an escort vehicle seven days a week. Active work zones will be closed overnight from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., seven days a week. More information
- Milepost 216 to 228 – Visitors may experience delays through September 2017 due to paving. Work will be completed during weekdays and daylight hours, under a one-lane closure, with flaggers providing traffic control.
- Work the week of Sept 11-16
Milepost 27.2-37.5 Single lane closure for 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Milepost 77-101 Single lane closure during daylight hours
Milepost 29.2-46.9 Full closure overnight from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
• Otter Creek Restaurant (Milepost 60.8) south of Buena Vista, VA is closed.
• Bluffs Lodge is closed.
• Rocky Knob Cabins are closed.
• Dobie Mountain Trail at Humpback Rocks in VA (Milepost 6) is closed.